Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We're only as separate as your little fingers

Yesterday, I waved goodbye to Hope College. The drizzly, dreary weather that the morning offered more than likely reflected my facial expression as I watched Hope College pass by through Mary's car window. The tears that welled up in my eyes as I left this beautiful place were not painful; my heart was full of love, and that love for my friends, my family, and this place seemed to stream down my face and across a funny half-smile, which can be best categorized as a "sigh, life is beautiful" smile. Although part of me longed to stay at Hope with the people I've grown to love, a part of me is eager to step onto new soil. On Thursday I will be on my way to a country I've only experienced in the travel section at Border's. In looking forward, though, I can't help but look back (feeling blessed in a way that I cannot put to words).

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

Goodbye Hope College, see you soon.
Scotland, can't wait to finally meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment