Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And the world spins madly on

A year and a half ago, I confidently said this: "I will never study abroad." Now, with 21 days left until I climb aboard a beastly plane, I realize how much experience changes us. Every person, every conversation, every class that I have encountered has prepared me for this adventure. I think about the months that lie ahead for me and the way that each day will move me, change me. I think about the beautiful people I have met and will meet. It's a funny and awkward place, this transition stage. Still, I know that I'm exactly where I am suppose to be: waiting in anticipation, accompanied by a heaping ton of unanswered questions.

Something I hope to keep in mind:
"I beg you... to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if the were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

2 comments:

  1. freyfrey
    i remember when those exact words, you said to me...
    i'm happy life's path has wound you around to a place of confidence in that fact that you WILL study abroad.
    that quote that you put there...

    nothing has ever spoken clearer

    Beyond.excited.for.you

    ReplyDelete